I had intended on posting this last Thursday. Best laid plans and all that!
Our final practical day at college was Thursday. It was the day I had been looking forward to the most as we were having a go at Indigo dyeing.
Thursday’s video shows the process and all the different resists that we tried. We also had a go with some UV reactive fabric paints but sadly the sun disappeared at the crucial moment. I plan on using them again with the kids at some point so I will share that another time.
I loved the Indigo dyeing and I was really pleased with my results.
This first collage shows what I did to the fabrics (I didn’t have a picture of my marble weights top right).
And here are the results. The fabrics are in the same boxes as above, so you can see what created each effect.