This year is flying by. I have been sewing as much as I can but also working and being a mum which unsurprisingly takes up a lot of my time!
In Quarter 2 I managed to finish four of my seven projects. I am quite good at taking pictures of works in progress but I always seem to forget to take pictures of the finished items. I am really going to try to be better at that because it is nice to have a record.
I did a lot of selfish sewing last quarter but none of that was on my original list.
1. Christmas Quilt – I unpicked a table runner that I made this year because I decided it really should be a quilt. I expect this will roll over into other quarters though.
2. Oakshott Quilt – I have had fun making and playing with some blocks using a fat eights bundle that I have had for the past 18months. This is a #sewmystash project. I like where it is going but it is an odd size at the moment so need to work out what to do next.
3. Spring Stitching Club lap quilt. I am making this for me. It is so sweet and it is using up all my scrappy hexies which I love. And it has embroidery on it too. As it will be summer at the end of this quarter I really hope I have finished this (see picture above).
4. Double wedding ring table runner – this is a present for some friends that got married yesterday. I really want this one finished this week if possible.
5. PE Bag for Kate – in time for starting school in September.
6. #homesweethomeminiquiltswap – I know some of my partner’s likes but I need to get this planned out so I can work on it over the summer.
7. Hexie mini quilt – I am going to finish this and then give it away to someone on IG when I reach 1000 followers. Hopefully that will be in the next three months!
I am keeping it small and achievable this quarter because half of it is school holidays and that means very little sewing time. I am hoping that I will get quite a bit done on my Spring lap quilt because it is hand sewing and tying so I can do that at home.
I am linking up with Adrianne from On the Windy Side.