This week I have decided to share my favourite cupcake recipe at the moment. So yummy and very simple to make.
Gingerbread cupcakes with Lemon cream cheese frosting.
For the Gingerbread cupcakes:
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 oz (90g) butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
For the Lemon Cream Cheese frosting:
1oz (30g) butter
3oz (80g) cream cheese
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade (GM 4)
- Sieve dry ingredients into bowl
- Add all other ingredients
- Mix in mixer or with electric hand-whisk for 2 minutes
- Divide equally into individual cupcake wrappers and bake in the oven for roughly 30 minutes (this varies depending on your oven. I check mine after 20 minutes to see how they are getting on)
- Cool on a rack while you make the frosting.
- Put all frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix (with mixer electric hand whisk if possible) until pale and smooth.
- When cupcakes are cool cover with the frosting.
Eat and enjoy! I make these all the time but I don’t have a picture to share….probably because they never last long enough!