Nanna Stella

February 6, 2006

My Nanna passed away at 2pm on Saturday. The last time I saw her she said that she wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. It took a week but she got her wish and she is at peace and with my Grandad again as I know she wanted.

So I’m back but not up to posting about sunshine and sights. There are pictures and stories to come but I need a couple of days.

For now I’m off to see a very sweet man about a hug.


  • Reply Cleavers February 6, 2006 at 6:54 pm

    At least she passed peacefully. Thoughts are with you.

  • Reply kate February 6, 2006 at 7:57 pm

    i am so very sorry kel.

  • Reply Jonathan February 7, 2006 at 12:11 am

    My thoughts are with you and your family.

  • Reply Huw February 7, 2006 at 12:46 am

    All the best to you and yours

  • Reply Léonie February 7, 2006 at 10:23 am

    Oh I’m so sorry, I hope you’re ok.

  • Reply Adz February 7, 2006 at 11:31 am

    Sorry hear of your sad news. She is in a better place now, a more peaceful, cleaner and happier place.

    Remember the happy times, the good times you spent together and that she fell asleep peacefully.

    My thoughts are with you

  • Reply running42k February 7, 2006 at 1:17 pm

    Sorry to read that post. My prayers are with you and your family. Remember the happy times with your Nanna Stella.

  • Reply Miggyman February 7, 2006 at 4:32 pm

    Sorry to hear of your loss Kelly.

    My thoughts are with you, remember the time you did spend together, all the good times and happy memories.

    She’s in a better place now and at peace.

  • Reply AnonymousCoworker February 7, 2006 at 7:30 pm

    My condolences to you and your family.

  • Reply Me Over Here February 7, 2006 at 9:52 pm

    I’m sorry for A.) your loss and B.) saying “I’m sorry” so late.

    Hope you’re doing well, thoughts and prayers are with you.

  • Reply soulmining February 8, 2006 at 2:48 pm

    Reall sorry to read this Kel, my thoughts are with you. xx

  • Leave a Reply

    Nanna Stella

    January 13, 2006

    I had a call from my Dad last night telling me that my Nanna is in hospital and that he had only just found out. I spent all day today trying to get more information. Finally at 5 this evening I found out that she is seriously ill and has been in hospital since last Friday. Her son is coming all the way over from Australia to be with her. This is what happened in April when my Grandfather died. All those feeling came rushing back and I totally fell apart.

    The situation is difficult. She is actually my Grandad’s second wife – my Dad’s Stepmum. They were married before I was born so she has always been my Nanna. But my Dad and his sisters have never had an easy relationship with her. She just never treated them as her kids and things have never been easy between them but they always made an effort when my Grandad was alive.

    This I guess is why it has taken so long for the information to get to me. I am really upset though as she is my Nanna and I have known her all my life. She is in hospital in Surrey so I can drive up there tomorrow and see her. I hope it’s not to say goodbye but my heart tells me that it is.

    No Comments

    Leave a Reply